Have you ever dreamed of having your artwork featured on the cover of a book? Are you a creative graphic designer looking for opportunities to showcase your talent? Would you like to win $500? If so, we hope you’ll be excited to learn ACU Press and Leafwood Publishers are offering the chance for the artwork of a creative student, graphic designer or average joe to be used as the cover of a book
releasing in Fall 2014! Both books will be published by Leafwood Publishers, an imprint of ACU Press. Please read the book descriptions and submission instructions below along with the full terms and conditions.
What Would Jesus Undo? by Michael Boggs This book is about the barriers standing between God and the people He loves and how Jesus seeks to undo those barriers. We see throughout the New Testament Jesus undoing barriers of religion so that He could have a more intimate relationship with His people. Some of those barriers are still in existence today and they are keeping people away from Jesus rather than drawing them to Him.
To An Unknown God by Jon Walker If you ask Christians in the world to describe the God they serve or to talk about how God feels about them what will you hear? Does it matter whether those who are believers know who God is and how that impacts their faith? These are some of the most important questions being asked and answered in this new book by Jon Walker, author of Costly Grace. In this book the danger of believers following a God they don’t even know will be uncovered and His true identity will be presented to change the lives of Christians everywhere.
- One grand prize winner will be awarded $500 regardless of whether his or her cover design is used as the cover art for What Would Jesus Undo? or To an Unknown God.
- At the sole discretion of the press, the grand prize winner’s cover design may be chosen to be used on a trade paperback edition of What Would Jesus Undo? or To an Unknown God, (depending on which book the design was submitted for) along with a design credit and a copy of the book featuring his/her winning cover illustration.
Submit your design to email@example.com for the opportunity to have your cover design and cover credit on the paperback. All submissions need to come through the email address, and make sure your files are RGB formatted jpegs, and at least 72 dpi (but no bigger than 2mb). The size of the book is 5 1/2″ by 8 1/4″.
Cover must include title and author, along with a visual depicting what the book is about (based on the book descriptions above.)
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By submitting any designs for the cover of the books tentatively titled What Would Jesus Undo or To an Unknown God, you automatically agree to the following terms. Please don’t submit anything if you do not agree.
- I acknowledge that ACU Press, their licensees and assigns may have pre-existing designs and will be reviewing other designs that may be similar to those that I submit.
- I acknowledge that the final book cover may include concepts that appear similar to those that I submit.
- I waive any claims that I may have against ACU Press, their licensees and assigns with regard to the design I have submitted to illustrate the jacket of a work tentatively entitled To an Unknown God by Jon Walker or What Would Jesus Undo? by Michael Boggs, including any claims of invasion of privacy, violation or right of publicity, libel or copyright infringement.
For complete terms and conditions, click here.Categories: Blog